Saturday, December 19, 2015

Costco




My Visit To Costco

I had a Costco membership for a few years, I consider it one of the better values, BJ's, in my opinion sucks and Sam's Club is pretty good, but the Costco in Manahawkin has great steaks and also the Tuna Fish and Anchovies I like.. I let me membership expire due to not really having any other reason to travel up there.

Last month I went Manahawkin for a party (after Thanks Giving leftovers) and had some time to kill, I thought I would get a "walk through pass" to Costco to see if there was anything new and a reason to renew my membership.

As I walked in by the check out station, there was an older man who has been there a couple years, he would always check out my items, but because I normally went early I was never dressed en-fem so he didn't recognize me this time as I walked by him as "Louise". He greeted me with a VERY polite welcome and smile.

I went over to the service counter and asked for a day pass and then walked back to the entrance and started to enter. There is a lady who checks the Club Card as you enter, we've had a couple conversations and I had shared my pictures with her, but she didn't recognize me until I asked if she knew who I was. It took her a couple seconds and she said OMG, you look great, I didn't even know you weren't a woman. I always love the shock value.

As I walked in I had to walk by the Optical Dept, one of the salesmen saw me coming and walked from the other side of the counter to start a conversation, he was already talking with another person but had to come over and talk with me, don't ask me why. He never said anything about my Female persona and we just had a very generic conversation.

I was interested in the Steaks and wanted to take a picture of the type I like so I could send them to a friend who has a Costco membership and would buy me Steaks when he's there and bring them down on a Saturday. Hey, I'm "parsimonious" what can I say.

So as I'm by the meat counter, I see the guy from the checkout exit and he's got a dustpan and broom sweeping imaginary dirt and staring at me (it was VERY obvious). As I would enter an isle he would be down the other end sweeping and staring. I intentionally walked by him after 4-5 isles and asked "do you have a twin at the exit" obviously I caught him off guard and he could only laugh, it was funny.

Anyway, I can make a short story long, but what the hell.

1 comment:

Pat Scales said...

It is always good to read about your adventures out and about as Louise spreads joy and good feelings to every person she encounters.

Yesterday was the first time I have fully dressed at home with my wife since I came down with shingles. I still have aches and pains in the left side of my face and on my head and, in fact, after about 20 minutes I had to take off my wig since it was irritating me. It does seem that my wife has become somewhat used to me around the house in ladies attire. I guess she just sees the clothes as clothes. I did point out that even using foundation does not cover the lingering marks of the shingles. She noted that marks of that nature are not odd or unusual on the face of someone my age and, of course, she is right. I often think back to the old Will Rogers phrase that "I do not feel bad that I look the way I do. I look this way because I have traveled down a lot of roads and not all of them have been paved".

Let me wish you and your wife a wonderful Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. We will be down in Florida for 3 weeks keeping warm in January. I hope to ride the auto train while dressed like I did for part of the ride last year.

Merry Christmas.

Pat