Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Another Surprising Comment

It's all in How you Act

Most Fridays I've been going to an upper scale restaurant/Lounge in the Margate area. Since I had my businesses there I usually run into past customers who are more kind to me as Louise than they ever were when I was Lou.

I happened to be sitting at the Bar when one of my past Lady customers came over to sit, her Father and 5 Uncles were all Professional basket ball players. One Uncle had owned a Bar/restaurant on the next block from me and her Father owned a smaller place one block up from me so I was convenient for service.
As I was talking with her, she was a little skeptical about my reasons for Cross-dressing even though she's known about it for 20 years we had never discussed the condition because we were never in a social setting.
More to the point. As I'm talking with her a gentleman who I've known for quite awhile from the old "Bubba Mac" days (a closed lounge) came over and said he wanted me to meet friends of his. I'm not so obtuse not to know that usually people want to introduce me as a Novelty, after all I do dress to be noticed and I've never admitted to "passing" but I am polite, presentable and respectable.
I walked over with him and he introduces me to an older couple and asks me to guess what type car he drives, the guy who knows me has a car fetish (I guess) and enjoys High priced cars, he drives a MB, I consider over priced and over engineered. I've never liked European cars other than look at them.
So I said to the new person "I guess you drive a MB too" he said no, I own a Rolls Royce and a Maserati, this is my 24th RR. I'm impressed and mentioned I had always wanted a Bentley (used) but was concerned about the maintenance, he said he pays $24,000 a year to maintain his RR. We got into a nice conversation and I mentioned I used to service two for one of my customers, after all it is Margate and if you're only worth 15-20 Million you're on the Lower scale. He sad he wanted a convertible RR and since they didn't have one available he bought a RR Coupe and had it converted to a convertible, that's BIG money.

We talked a good 45 minuets and he finally says in a fairly commanding voice "I don't get this Cross-Dressing stuff, I never even saw anyone like you before, But you're one of the nicest people I've had the pleasure to speak with and I like you" and with that he bought me a glass of wine.

This person has money, I really don't know his background, he made money in Internet Merchandising so I don't know if he was higher educated, but he was the type person who didn't need to be polite if he wasn't comfortable, he could have insulted me and there would be nothing I could have done or said, I was very venerable, but my nature is to be respectful of everyone and I think that allows people to treat me in kind, or maybe he thought I was mentally ill and took pity on me, but I don't need to be in a dress to be called nuts.

2 comments:

Mandy Sherman said...

I haven't had the pleasure of meeting you, but you say you don't admit to "passing". From your picture, it looks like you "pass" fairly well!

You have some fabulous adventures! Keep on writing, and I'll keep on reading! (Envying you all the way...)

Mandy

Pat Scales said...

I agree that the key is always treat everyone with respect and dignity. If you keep to that premise the odds are that you will be treated the same in return if the person is a decent person. No doubt there are adequate idiots that litter the landscape.
Congratulations on another successful evening of cross dressed outreach.
Pat